Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bit of help with batteries?????

4 posters

Go down

bit of help with batteries????? Empty bit of help with batteries?????

Post  BuddyRC Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 pm

hi all, just a question on batteries for me mardave. I use the 4600 vapex 2x2 and they are apparently un-zapped and unmatched unlike the 1x4 batteries I've seen?

Can someone explain what "un-zapped and unmatched" means and how much difference would I see in the torque power if I was to get the zapped and matched batteries.

The difference in price seems to be about £10-£15 more than what I've got now so I'm not sure if to get some as it means another £50-£60 for 2 new ones.

Hope you can clear this up for me??!!

cheers
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

bit of help with batteries????? Empty Re: bit of help with batteries?????

Post  Gazza Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

been there done that and went LiPo now you know why I did it Laughing

Wayne this is a topic that I could fill pages of . .

CONDENSED VERSION

Basically matched cells were done to get the best out of them way back in the 80's when I think 1400scr Cells where the thing to use . . BUT they would last 4 minutes 45 seconds and thats ya lot no way could yo do a warm up lap like we do now. . . And you placed your car on the track. . Never drove it as the cells would not last Laughing

Matching etc came about as the best battery pack the 1 cell is the weakist link 3 good ones and 1 bad = 3rd place

So matching and zapping came about and low and be hold you could now do 5 minutes and 20 seconds but only the top sponsored drivers could get them and it still apply now the ones you buy are the ones that did not quite cut it for the top drivers hence the price on cells went up to stupid prices

Welcome to the world of LiPos

a 2s or 2cell lipo is matched every time its charged with the balance lead so matched cells on LiPo are done all the time so to speak and a lot cheaper and last longer

torque power etc another long one but down to Motor matching like cells
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:57 pm

yep basically what he said cheers
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:41 pm

The difference is that a matched pack of cells are supposed to have the same discharge rate and internal voltage giving you a more punchy pack with slightly longer run time.
Run time used to be the aim of the manufacturers but with larger mah capacity, voltage then became the goal because cell volts equals punch and potential power.
For mardave racing you are looking for the lowest internal resistance hence the most voltage.
Are the matched cells worth the extra????? In my opinion no. Good motor and bearing maintenance will have a larger effect than battery quality these days
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:18 am

cheers guys...

BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down