Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mardave's

4 posters

Go down

Mardave's Empty Mardave's

Post  stox217 Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:07 am

Mardave is a british owned rc manufacturing company baised in the south they make all sort's of car's ranging in the popluar
v12/vrx models which get used on oval's with standard can mardave motor's using 4 sub c cells and have a wide range of bodyshell's to chose from. The v12 is a robust cheap way of getting into rc motorsport. The v12/vrx is a multipurpouse car as it can take 4/5/6sub c cell's or the modern lipo with ease or you can go into 4cell brushless which you can either go for the mardave brushless system or an "ezrun" system.

Mardave mini
The orignial mini was very basic ie the mercanical speedo was mounted above the motor!?! and had no suspention (bar the baseplate flex) These are still going strong but number's have droped in the past few year's due to the difficulty in setting these up.

Mardave sidecar's
The sidecar is based on the V12 running gear using the standard front suspension parts, one up front and the other used for the side wheel.
As the model is one wheel drive, only half of the V12 rear is required using a cut down rear axle and bearing cariers.
The sidecar uses standard springs on the front and the side, there is no suspension on the rear.
I beleive the kit comes with medium tyres for the front and side and soft for the rear, not absolutley sure about the fronts as my sidecar is a pre-production version.
The model is designed for use with four cells which is more than enough with one wheel drive.
Finally, the kit is supplied with the standard Mardave motor,Mtronic speed control, and lexan bodyshell.

Mardave cobra
This was aimed at also cost cutting in 1/10th offroad
Ie no carbonfibre it was mainley a metal and nilon affaire in this car but it was such a great car as it was very robust
Most were used with the kit motor but most opted for an esc to replace the mecanincal speed board.

Thats all for now if you want to ask me any question's in seting up or where to buy a mardave i will be willing to help
Stox217 The mardave king
ps sorry for the spelling mistakes im a poor speller!

Last edited by stox217 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Mardave's Empty Re: Mardave's

Post  dirtyghost Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi stox great little write up mate, keep up the great work its just what we need some active members to get things going a little more, feel free to take the helm with the mardaves as your knowledge is going to be quite superior.

And dont worrie about the spellings mate im just as bad if it wasnt for the spell checker you wouldnt even be able to read it lol.
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  charac Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:03 am

stox217 wrote:Mardave is a british owned rc manufacturing company baised in the south they make all sort's of car's ranging in the popluar
v12/vrx models which get used on oval's with standard can mardave motor's using 4 sub c cells and have a wide range of bodyshell's to chose from. The v12 is a robust cheap way of getting into rc motorsport. The v12/vrx is a multipurpouse car as it can take 4/5/6sub c cell's or the modern lipo with ease or you can go into 4cell brushless which you can either go for the mardave brushless system or an "ezrun" system.

Mardave mini
The orignial mini was very basic ie the mercanical speedo was mounted above the motor!?! and had no suspention (bar the baseplate flex) These are still going strong but number's have droped in the past few year's due to the difficulty in setting these up.

Mardave sidecar's
I dont know much about these so this will stay blank for now unless some one who want's to fill this in for me

Mardave cobra
This was aimed at also cost cutting in 1/10th offroad
Ie no carbonfibre it was mainley a metal and nilon affaire in this car but it was such a great car as it was very robust
Most were used with the kit motor but most opted for an esc to replace the mecanincal speed board.

Thats all for now if you want to ask me any question's in seting up or where to buy a mardave i will be willing to help
Stox217 The mardave king
ps sorry for the spelling mistakes im a poor speller!

Hi Stox217
I can help with the sidecar as I have been racing mine at Bedworth.
The sidecar is based on the V12 running gear using the standard front suspension parts, one up front and the other used for the side wheel.
As the model is one wheel drive, only half of the V12 rear is required using a cut down rear axle and bearing cariers.
The sidecar uses standard springs on the front and the side, there is no suspension on the rear.
I beleive the kit comes with medium tyres for the front and side and soft for the rear, not absolutley sure about the fronts as my sidecar is a pre-production version.
The model is designed for use with four cells which is more than enough with one wheel drive.
Finally, the kit is supplied with the standard Mardave motor,Mtronic speed control, and lexan bodyshell.
Hope this helps.

Steve

charac

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:27 am

V12's
My old brushless hotrod i love this picture as its captured the sunlight lovely
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My new mardave hotrod (brushed) just won the chamionship at ddmcr Smile
Again close up
The mardave motor Paul has got one of these
Mardave v12 banger's (both my dad's but i use the one on the left
Close up
Our mardave saloon stock's (running 6cell nimh's and on circuit my one runs lipo ps mines on the right)
The latest car in our collection Running brushless
And there all the same kit ie the v12/vrx so very flexiable car for under a £100 rrp price!

Now my mardave mini
Baseplate shot

Now a trip down memory lane for some a shot of some cell's bottom sanyo 1700 nicads middle 4600 east powers nimh and top trakpower 3600's lipo

Thats all and i hope you enjoy looking at my & dads collection of mardave's
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:06 am

Nice collection of daves Stox
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 am

as you can see i have to many Wink
the 1st one you will be trying wensday ie the red & yellow one Smile
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:51 am

woh, nice collection you got there. Do you race all the different classes each race night?

Makes me want to dig my v12 out. might nip over me mums tomoro and see if i can find it.

Alex

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:04 am

i used to mainley race the hotrod and the saloon on the circuit
but every now and then the mini comes out for fun
but i mainley do the brushed hotrod and carisma now at ddmcr but at bedworth il run my saloonstock and carisma on sundays for sun as the saloon stock is rapid Smile
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down