Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time out with gtb2 all good but

3 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: Brushless

Go down

First time out with gtb2 all good but Empty First time out with gtb2 all good but

Post  suggy007 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:54 pm

I had my first time out with the gtb2 and fusion exceed 13.5 on friday all was excellent and i was very impressed with it until it came to reverse.
It seemed to take for ever to brake to a full stand still then you have to put it into neutral and then the put it back into reverse position then reverse would kick in all this took valuble seconds off my race I know it is my own fault if i crash but when i had my speedmaster installed with tin can i use to get instant reverse.
Just wondering if there was any thing iam missing in my setup
any help much apreciated.

suggy007

Back to top Go down

First time out with gtb2 all good but Empty Re: First time out with gtb2 all good but

Post  Gazza Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:33 am

You sure are re read the instructions

with the brake curve / frequency and end point you will need to play around wuth the settings to MATCH the motor

the ESC has forward with brakes, then reverse with a second push of trigger after braking to a slow speed.

but a tin can as you say is some what differant to a brushless in a few ways
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

First time out with gtb2 all good but Empty Re: First time out with gtb2 all good but

Post  suggy007 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:06 am

tried all sorts of different settings when i put the transmitter to full break i can still turn the pinion on the motor quite easy there is no resistance i had the same problem with the mardave g2 brushless system or am i just expecting to much from these motors. Sad

suggy007

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:22 am

the brakes work totally differant to brushed try differant brake settings frequency and also the dead band on the TX
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Suggy,

I have only ever come across one brushless speedo that has the same 'instant' reverse that the Speedmaster speedos have, and that was an older version of a Nosram Matrix Brushed/Brushless speedo (Item No. 90500).

The problem with this unit was that it only had two running options - "Forwards and Brake" and "Forwards and Reverse". In other words, if you wanted reverse available YOU HAD NO BRAKES, only full reverse! On the track, as soon as you pulled the stick backwards the car went into reverse - not good on a light, rear wheel drive Mardave! The only way round this was to dial in a little "neutral-braking" (or drag brake) on my handset, but this would only give one braking value which really needed to be adjusted for each track I raced at. Again, not easy.

The other option, "Forwards and Brakes" was better to drive, right up to the moment you crashed and wanted to reverse out of the probelm becasue you now had no reverse! However, this was the option I chose to run in most of the time becasue having manual control over the brakes gave a better feel to the way the car drove.

When I used my GTB2 I also found the brakes very 'soft' - you pull the stick hard back, wait a bit, go off and make a cup of tea, read the paper and then the car thinks about slowing down. A bit. I did get it working a little better by gradually ramping all the speedo brake settings up to the max, trying all the different brake frequencies and increasing both the stick throw and curve settings on my handset, but it was only a little better - now you still had time for a cuppa but not quite enough time to read the paper before it started to slow down...

At the time I was also having a whole raft of other issues with my GTB2 so I ditched it and swapped to a Nosram Pearl V2, and that has much, much better brakes! Sorted.

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down