Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

all things aside

5 posters

Go down

all things aside Empty all things aside

Post  ShortiePaul Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:17 am

i know there is talk about motors wheels and all that but put that aside for a few seconds and every guy at the Tamworth meeting had a grin 10ft wide it was a great day put on by Tamworth it run like clockwork and 30 F1's maybe that is the largest turn out in the country.
again i bow to you all theat took part in the event. Lets hope that Tamworth host this as a fixture time will tell i have pm Jeff to get the results up on here for you guys WELL DONE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

all things aside Empty Re: all things aside

Post  Gazza Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:09 am

but next time NO 1/12th Please. . . made the day to long with 8 minute heats Sad

a nice laid back F1 GTs and a heat of Daves makes a nice Laid back Christmas due cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Dez82 Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Yeah, and no tourers either please, 1/10th, on foams and 2WD only, simple rule.

Maybe next time we'll have a dry carpet like on club nights and the grip roll won't be such a problem, can't wait for the 16th if I can make it, Pete has promised to vaccuum the carpet to get it back in condition.
Dez82
Dez82

http://www.desawa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

all things aside Empty All things aside

Post  jeff clifton Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi guys the only thing that made it a long day was the fact that the new computer didnt like the software for the score board in the pits so the whole meeting had to be swoped to the BRCA computer which held up the procedings. otherwise we would have started on time.

Next year, is awkward ih the way the dates fall, not for us in organising the event but in getting a date booked as the local football league book the hall 18months in advance and the only time we can run open events is when they are shut down over christmas or the cost of hireing the hall makes it to expensive to hire as we have to buy out the league for thier lost revnue.

We could have had over 50 1/12ths if we had not put a cap on the entries as it was we had a reserve list, and as the meeting before this event will be a 12th national the carpet will have plenty of additive in it. As our members run 12th cars at nationals it is unlikely we will exclude them form our open events,and as the 12th section contribute so much to our club funds over the year they will always be included.

The likely date for next year will probably be between christmas and new year looking at the dates availiable but there is a long way to go yet.

The most likely line up will be F1 GT10 and 12ths with the entry limited to 80 drivers, over a maximum of 8 heats, F! eight minutes any one, ????? sunny sunny

jeff clifton

Back to top Go down

Post  Dez82 Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:03 pm

8 minutes for F1, yes please, but only if you make a slightly wider track please.
Dez82
Dez82

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:06 pm

LOL Dez beat me to it LOL

8 minutes. . Yes please. .

but NO 1/12th a nice laid back event would be nice no rushing around PLEASE cheers

I only say that as the 1/12th have a Nat series and we dont

Also Dez how about the other F1 cars fit a Tamita or 3racing diff that way they can run the same tyres Idea
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 am

I could fit normal f103/f109 wheels on my kiel and f104 although it would wreck the scale look of the f104.

Even a control foam tyre or rubber tyres only would mean grip would be down and power would be less of an issue and it wouldn't matter what car you had they would all be joined to the track by the same rubber. Then you would have only one rule apart from the 2wd to enforce.

Great event though but as Ive said somewhere else afew less classes but hell of a day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

all things aside Empty things aside

Post  jeff clifton Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:17 am

(quote) only say that as the 1/12th have a Nat series and we dont

Then organise one gazza sunny

jeff clifton

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:46 am

Loved to Jeff but I have no idea lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Dez82 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:56 am

Same here, I'd love too, but the circuit race calendar is just bonkers, trying to get a set of dates that don't clash with any similar series so we get decent entries, and find available dates at several different clubs so it was all over the country is a mammoth task, ask me how I know! scratch
Dez82
Dez82

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down