Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Straightening rear kick up on the chassis

+2
Admin
Bryan D
6 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: V12

Go down

Straightening rear kick up on the chassis Empty Straightening rear kick up on the chassis

Post  Bryan D Sun May 29, 2011 1:59 am

Hi,

I am about to mount a Vauxhall Calibra body onto my Dave and I was wanting to use front mounts with a straightened rear chassis, Does anybody have any advice for doing this so that it leaves the chassis flat with the minimun amount to tweek.

Thanks

Bryan D

Back to top Go down

Straightening rear kick up on the chassis Empty Re: Straightening rear kick up on the chassis

Post  Admin Sun May 29, 2011 3:18 am

Hi mate i just done mine with a nice pannel pin hammer then used spirit lever job done best mod i have ever done body stays mounted all of the race un-like back pins that come out backwards cheers cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Straightening rear kick up on the chassis Empty Re: Straightening rear kick up on the chassis

Post  benjy Sun May 29, 2011 3:53 am

just buy a banger chassis thats what i did, and 4 12th body posts

benjy

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Sun May 29, 2011 8:39 am

I did mine a few weeks ago. I too dislike the traditional mointing system and wanted vertical rear posts.

I got most of the rear kickup out by slowly squeezing the chassis between two formica coated pieces of chipboard in a vice. I clamped it as tight as I could and left it overnight. After that it was lots of gentle tapping with a hammer - not hitting the chassis directly but using the chipboard again to spread the impact a bit.

Even with this care there was a little tweak in the chassis. Saying that though I did not test it before working on it so I cannot say how much was already there before I started. Resting the chassis on my worktop there was a slight twist to it resulting in about 0.5mm 'lift' on one corner. The was removed by clamping it in the vice again and twisting in the oposite direction.

I then had to drill and countersink two holes for the V10 mount. I did these in line with where the old chassis bend had been - this gave sufficient clearance between the mount and rear post and meant that the body posts were also far forward enough to clear the rear wing.

The end result was quite good. Certainly no obvious detememtal handling effects when tried on the track, and the body has never come off. Job jobbed...

Hope this helps,

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  ME:MTC Sun May 29, 2011 10:46 am

i just used a pair of plyers it works lol
ME:MTC
ME:MTC

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Sun May 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Can you use a banger chassis? They're flat, or does this break the rules?

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Sun May 29, 2011 10:35 pm

I would use the banger chassie as you no it's perfect but you will need to countersink it as it doesnt come done.
Much easyer to countersink than bang bend and flatten another!!!!!

No rule for using a banger chassie bud so go ahead with no worrys.
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan D Mon May 30, 2011 12:25 am

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I can run a banger chassis so will prob go for that!!

Thanks

Bryan D

Back to top Go down

Post  benjy Tue May 31, 2011 7:16 am

i run one, why would it not be legal, its a mardave chassis and still alloy ect, flattening a standard one would be less legal in my eyes.

all i did with myn is countersink it and got 4 12th body posts and a set of stainless allen bolts job done

benjy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down