Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Circuit Body shell?? What to go for.......

4 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

Circuit Body shell?? What to go for....... Empty Circuit Body shell?? What to go for.......

Post  Head Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Guys,

Just after some advice on what type of shell to go for circuit work??

Calibra, GT2, Merc??

Head

Back to top Go down

Circuit Body shell?? What to go for....... Empty Re: Circuit Body shell?? What to go for.......

Post  Wynney Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Calibra is very stable, touring car has more front, feels faster on straight, lotus is in-between but I only ran it without a wing. Can't say for the others. Other people may say different!
Wynney
Wynney

Back to top Go down

Circuit Body shell?? What to go for....... Empty Re: Circuit Body shell?? What to go for.......

Post  Gazza Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:54 pm

the new speed 6 is all so a good stable shell
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Calibra - relatively stable, tough, 'feels' like thicker material, looks great with all the front mouldings but mine has fractured along some of these lines where the lexan has stretched in the moulding process. Reinforce with 'Fender-Mender' and tape... Not legal for National series.

Mazda - more stable, especially at high speeds than the Calibra. Probably due to better airflow over smoother front end and mega large rear wing! Lexan feels thinner, especially at the rear, but has proved to be tough enough so far. Nice clean lines, easy to mask up and paint. Not legal for National series.

Lotus GT1) - a very 'pointy' handling shell. Mine gives great front end grip, but still has just sufficient rear end grip so I don't oversteer. I use either the Mazda or Calibra rear wing on mine to get this rear grip. This is my favourite shell on shorter tracks when my Mazda can understeer too much. Moulding is a bit fiddle which can make masking and painting more of a fiddle, and EVERYONE seems to go for British Racing Green / yellow.... This one is legal for Nationals.

GT2 - believe it or not, mine gives more understeer than any other shell I have tried. I would have thought that the massive wedge-shaped front end would give some downforce at higher speeds, but this seems not to be the case. I run mine on bigger tracks where I can cope with a bit more understeer and where it makes the car safer to drive... I also use the Calibra wing on mine. The front end is very fiddly to paint and you'll also need to be careful where your front posts are positioned for where they come through the shell. This is also legal for Nationals.

Ascari - a really nice shell, between the Lotus and Mazda for handling and I find it best on high speed medium or large tracks. Really smooth lines, easy to mask up and paint but the lexan at the rear is extremely thin! Probably my favourite shell and legal for Nationals too.

Chris W has hinted that there are 4 more shells on the cards, can't wait to see what they will be!

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:02 am

Thanks very much for all the replys guys, just the info I was after!

Are all the shells mentioned above available from Kamtec??

Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down