Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday night meet

4 posters

Go down

Wednesday night meet Empty Wednesday night meet

Post  dirtyghost Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:49 am

Hi guys and gals its wednesday night again and time for another quick report on the nights racing.
Well a good turn out tonight up at Bedworth and another well ran event well done to Bob tip top as usual mate, the night started out quite nicely then came the rain which soon turned the track into and ice rink which seemed to suit some more than others with Paul Hazelwood doing well in his favoured conditions, staying off the grass and on the black stuff for a change lol nice 1 matey taking a 2nd 3rd and 4th from what i can remember, wade had some reciver problems but after a bit of messing about by myself seemed to cure the problem for the time being.
One of the new lads Alex took a 1st place win in his first ever race up at Bedworth in 1 of the qualifying rounds well done mate and in the wet to that's quite an achievement hope you had a good time and enjoyed it.
Good fun was had buy all tonight with minimal breakages from what i seen, Scott threw a hinge pin when he got T-boned by another racer just off of the start line which put a stop to his final you'll pick the pace back up for sure looking for his 17 lapper good luck mate, and mat had his car lit up with head and tail lights for the final which he swears makes him go faster, well what ever it was it sure did the trick taking the win in the B final.
The Charisma A final guys had a bit of fun just running the oval at Bedworth and Jordan doing something like 29 laps lol very fast paced racing, Bob Bur was useing another guys car for the final with a set of 1700Nimh and boy was this car flying, defiantly as fast as a 2S-lipo would of loved to of seen this in his own car with normal gearing and doing the normal track it would of been quite a spectical to observe, lets see what Neil C can do with them next wednesday up at the track he has some skills does Neil C and i have a feeling this could see him back up with the A's again.
Well there ya go another wednesday nights racing done with only 1 more to go of the summer series, hope you all had a great night.

Cheers all Marti
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Wednesday night meet Empty Re: Wednesday night meet

Post  Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Good write up marti - Had a mixed night at the track which cost me a few seconds with glitching and other issues. Really happy with the setup of the car now just need to get a few laps around the circuit.

Big thanks to Marti, Stu and the old man for fixing my glitching issue - without you guys I wouldnt of been able to do anything.

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Your very welcome mate any time . Smile
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Really enjoyed myself last night, the rain was great fun! Thanks to everyone for making me fell welcome. I'm glad ive got that first meet out the way, hopefully from now on my hands won't shake as much!!

I think someone should write 'RC Racing for Dummies' though, just to tell people the basics, without the guidance of a few of you last night, i wouldn't have had a clue whats going on!

Alex

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi Alex really glad you had a good time, that's what its all about for us mate to enjoy ourself's, and a 1st on your first night cheers see ya soon.

Regards Marti
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Wednesday night meet Empty RAIN DANCE

Post  ShortiePaul Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:22 am

nice write up Marti and yet again Bob Burr run it like clock work as usaul so top marks to this guy for his time and devotion to the sport.
To be quite frank without Bob bringing the carismas to Bedworth then none of this would be going on so another hats off to him on that and i fully back him on no lipos for carisma class as it would split the racers and kill the racing dead.
Heat 1 got away missing the rain but heat 2 the carismas got it full on this is were i love it as for some reason my driving in the rain is better! Alex the new guy was next to me and the banter was good
I let him take first on his first race (bullsh*t) but thats me.
The track was like ice but great fun but as magoo came to watch me i dropped down the field to his big smiles. Bad luck Scott in the final i was nudge rear then all hell let lose and i came away clean scott on the run off area with a broken swing arm.
Wade was going like a demon after some bad luck in the warm ups but a second on the final was great Matt had his lights on and was a great site to see and when i seen him coming to lap me then i moved over as all good racers do LOL!!!!!!!
Wade and Marko had a bit of a bashing session on the straight in their warm ups but all was well
well what a night good fun good company good racing what more can you ask !!!!!
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Collier Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:44 am

Hate to stick my oar in and all,
Just reading that, and had to comment,
'no lipos for carisma class ' Who's rule is that ?
Humm Cos maybe that would make it a level playing field.

The current drain ('C' rating) on such a car wouldn't be a negligeable factor, but secting good high voltage NiMH cells on a brushless sytem would kill the opersition.

Am not saying there any vetting of cells going on...... or am I ?
Simon Collier
Simon Collier

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:30 am

Fair coment mate you can say what ever you like on here my friend, its good to here other peoples opinion Very Happy as long as its kept kleen Crying or Very sad .
But the rules for the charisma class that we run at Bedworth deam that no lipo is to be used, the full set of rules have just been re posted on the Bedworth site for anyone who would like to recap on them.
Yes what you said about the high volt cells is right .....if you know where to go and what to buy you can build seriously powerful nimh cell packs for use on brushless systems which some people have started to do which gets round the lipo rule but at an inflated cost but still within the rules which i guess is ok.
The main thing i guess is that the class is still growing at Bedworth which is probably the only club in the country to see this so what ever Bob Bur is doing its working and working well, and as they say if it isn't broke then don't try and fix it, just go with it and enjoy this fantastic cheep and cheerful/as quick as it needs to be class, i know im lovin it and soon to be joined by my son who is going to share the fun with me.

Regards Marti
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Collier Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:39 am

What ever floot ya boat.
thats the main thing Smile
Simon Collier
Simon Collier

Back to top Go down