Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speed Passion 3000kV combo

3 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: Brushless

Go down

Speed Passion 3000kV combo Empty Speed Passion 3000kV combo

Post  Dreadstar Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:50 am

I know that this is slower than the Mardave 3500kV system,but at only 62.50 incP&P I couldn't resist it. I'll be puting into my 3rd V12 chassis,an old countersunk V-Dub yellow one. I'll be running it on NiMH cells which with 70-80% throttle should match quite well with the 3500/1s LIPO in revs. I know that it's not what you lads run,but it should suffice in the meantime. You had been saying that we should look out for cheaper alternatives to the Mardave version,so I thought that I'd give this one a try.
Have any of you tried out this particular set-up? Cool

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dreadstar
Dreadstar

Back to top Go down

Speed Passion 3000kV combo Empty Re: Speed Passion 3000kV combo

Post  Dreadstar Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:19 am

I've finally got it set-up,but it was a swine to get right. I had to end up reversing my throttle control,and swopping two motor wires over too in order to get it running correctly. Initially it would run forwards no problem,brake,and double click reverse,just as it should.However,when you went to drive forwards again,nothing would happen for anything up to 20 secs. I went through just about every setting on the prog card,and resetting the esc,over and over again,but nothing worked. Then after leaving it for a while I thought of reversing everything,controller and motor,and lo-and-behold,it worked.

Ruddy strange if you ask me,but there you go,even brushless systems have to have their strange quirks too. Cool Question
Dreadstar
Dreadstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:24 am

Well as most people now want brushless we find that ESC can win or lose a race ?

So there is going to be a list of esc and they must not have turbo or boost

So pop to Ardent on 20th Feb and have a say
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 am

That system is basically a re-badged ezrun, yeah racing etc system all made by the same people....speed passion

The motor is not a 540 motor but a 380 size with fins to made it look like a 540 motor...I have the ezrun system in my Mini (12t motor)
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down