Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ardent kick winter series round 3 a final first leg Video

4 posters

:: 1/10th :: GT10

Go down

Ardent kick winter series round 3 a final first leg Video Empty Ardent kick winter series round 3 a final first leg Video

Post  Tomo Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfg__eGptOA

Please feel free to comment. I have some more vids of qualifing aswell and will be doing more vids at the up comming rounds so if anyone wants their car video'ed let me know and I will try.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Ardent kick winter series round 3 a final first leg Video Empty Re: Ardent kick winter series round 3 a final first leg Video

Post  Gazza Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:43 am

Nice 1 tomo keep um coming . . .

Did you see my car pull to the left off the line ( car 3 ) did not notice that hmmmmm needs sorting
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Ardent kick winter series round 3 a final first leg Video Empty .

Post  HB-Dom Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:40 am

its the tweak and the diff gazza
HB-Dom
HB-Dom

Back to top Go down

Ardent kick winter series round 3 a final first leg Video Empty Re: Ardent kick winter series round 3 a final first leg Video

Post  Gazza Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:44 am

ok Tweak I know about so thats sorted

So does this mean Diff to loose to tighjt ?
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Ardent kick winter series round 3 a final first leg Video Empty .

Post  HB-Dom Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:53 am

the diff may be a bit tight, tright it a bit looser.
also i have recently found out that the coin method isnt the best way so setting tweak,
the best way is to look down the chassis to the rear pod, and flick the pod each way to check it returns level each side.
HB-Dom
HB-Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:23 am

thanks dom

The coin method is quite good for any car really Dom . . .
if it dont work then there is a Fault with the car I.E some thing sticking some where but I must admit I use my laser level on all my cars
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonb Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 am

Gazza wrote:thanks dom

The coin method is quite good for any car really Dom . . .
if it dont work then there is a Fault with the car I.E some thing sticking some where but I must admit I use my laser level on all my cars

Coin method works fine provided your kingpins are correctly set or shimmed and you don't have any vertical movement in the lower front pivot ball. Otherwise the difference in the loaded and unloaded state will give a false reading.
The eyeing it in method doesn't compensate for any left to right weight imbalence in the front chassis.

So pays your money and takes your choice. Personally I eye it in the check that it's close with the coins just for peace of mind.

All pan cars pull to the left a little under acceleration from a standing start,the right side of the diff is ligher and accererates quicker. If the diff andtweak are right it should be easily manageable, I usually line mine up in the box pointing slightly right to compensate.

Jason

jasonb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down