Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday nights racing

+9
rich67
richie
Admin
Alex
Shepp33
Tomo
Gazza
stox217
dirtyghost
13 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Wednesday nights racing - Page 4 Empty BUSTED

Post  Gazza Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 am

no its all right paul. . . .

I just caught him out again as I have not raced me dave there only my F1 Laughing

and the "Not now when you brushless lot can pull away from the g2's down the straight i dont think thats fair"

That was the problem with the old G2 after about 3 weeks you need another one hence the 13.5 you dont so the guys will have the same punch week after week this I have been saying from the start but for some unkown reason people still cant grasp it ?

Just look here on the Hinck site scroll down the left side and look at the rersults its close racing even for Nick / James / and Mark

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you will see I was not racing my dave only my F1 so whats the have a go at Gaz with turbo this / timing that and I have not even raced with them PMSL Busted yet again will they ever learn
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Wednesday nights racing - Page 4 Empty Re: Wednesday nights racing

Post  richie Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 am

Try to calm it guys,

You know its clear your both really passionate about your racing and this is a competitive sport. Frankly some of the blame needs to be placed here at the clubs who allow different standards to be run together, this kind of reaction from ones so passionate is ultimately inevitable so lets try not to be too harsh on them. Some times those in charge need to make short term unpopular decisions to enable long term harmony and frankly most can't do it. This is precisely why I have stopped racing Mardave at Rugby and the fact that I can't beat Mark Cooper or Gazza(although haven't tried against Gazza for some time), no only joking about Mark and Gazza. You know just once in a while I would love to race a level playing field, I think bedworth is as close as it comes, but theres even massive variations between G2 Motors.

I guess this will never be perfect. Richard

richie
richie

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:36 am

Fair play rich the troble with rugby is its working as it is tbh we can take your views on board and turn it it into say std and mod like bedworth if you want then its fair for all?

Last edited by stox217 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Wednesday nights racing - Page 4 Empty .

Post  HB-Dom Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:14 am

If there are the clash of the classes at a big meet,
why not have something like a rolling road to check the speed of the car.
have a standardised 'top speed' so no controvisy of pulling away doen the strait.
also a standard weight limit so the class stays restricted ?????????
HB-Dom
HB-Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Dom top speed is irrelevant its how the car reaches the top speed and it would be very difficult to police. like the innovation tho.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Gazza wrote:
stox217 wrote:Yes with your older brushless system which was the lrp one you first started off with i remember the races well which was good and close.
no one was pulling away from anybody so it was fair Smile

Yep was good fun Nick

Not now when you brushless lot can pull away from the g2's down the straight i dont think thats fair also you can turn your throttle profiles ect where the g2's cannot so you gain another advantage there that you did not have with the first lrp system you had Also you improved on your brushless motors that you can turn your endbell timing up g2's cannot so theres another advantage there.

Exclamation Right this is intresting as I have only raced my mardave twice at hinckley in the last series as I was racing my F1 I have not raced against you at all nick with my new ESC so thats intresting And I dont think its fair that the so called new G2's should wipe the floor with the brushless system

scratch

If i go and put a stock 27t motor in you brushless lot will moan so why did you change motors and speedo's when the first systems where fair and close racing? scratch

Err again I have not raced with you nick so I dont know what you are trying to prove here But WHY DID you change motors and ESC as well

Yes i remember you blew then up your fault or not why did you upgrade them to better systems all the time?

Simple no one had any in stock and all that I could get was what ever the shops had in is that ok or shall I phone you to see what I can or cannot buy Rolling Eyes

why not stick to the fusion system like the most of the others have? and you would have saved a few £.

And you stick to your old system and old motor as well mate . . .I did save pounds you dont know what SPONSOR deal I got Laughing

Before you ask i would have changed from my lrp sphere digital + Gm13.5 to a fusion system once this class was sorted out with rules ect.

lost me I thought you were running G2 Question

Hey ho thats my view guys if you dont like it tuff!

Also I noticed that the results were very close if you look on the Hinckley forum results page so the last season round 3 from Jan 20102 was close and as you HAVE NOT RACED me untill 3 weeks ago WHEN ALL TIMING AND TURBO WAS OFF . . . . great ASSumption Laughing

and thats my reply and if you dont like it double tuff. . Laughing . . .

Oh do tell us the news of this sponsorship deal? You the next andy moore or something.

Last edited by stox217 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:05 pm

You sponsored Gazza? Sweet spread the word who is behind your Megadave as I am sure those who have seen it go would go to your sponsors to get the same gear you do to try and go as quick.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:20 pm

ok seems we are back on track again sorry for the pun i think Richie has made the best point so far and me and Richie dont see eye to eye in the past but i fully support his last posting.
One thing that does miff me a little Tomo is that you seem to know quite a bit about Mardave but im yet to see you run one again i think the stock class should be m tronics speed controller g2 motor and bring back the close racing i know you will all jump up and down but thats what the debate is about.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Why it should bother you what class I run is beyond me. I do race my daves once a week actually but at ardent the rules that you guys run to me they are too slow on such a big track to present any kind of driving challenge and I too cant be arsed with having to defend what I choose to run in my dave and the only time I do run there is to practice for the mardave circuit series.
So I choose to run f1, 12th or gt at ardent mainly as they are more fun for ME to drive around ardent which I do every tuesday if I can finish in time from work.

For me the classes do need to be split up brushed G2 with price limit speedo NOT one make speedo and defo not an mtronics one as the guys who have raced awhile will testify they will go pop its when not if.

Brushless, well people need to hold fire on this one for a month or two as theyre maybe a solution in the pipeline.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardavespares.com Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:11 am

Gazza wrote:again you got to draw the line some where and the line is

G2 with 4 cell and 13.5 & 1s LiPo
simple 2 class's

spot on for circuit racing
Mardavespares.com
Mardavespares.com

http://www.mardavespares.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richie Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:03 am

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh

Do Tell Tomo, come on can't leave us in the lurch.
richie
richie

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:45 am

Tomo wrote:
well people need to hold fire on this one for a month or two as theyre maybe a solution in the pipeline.

how can that be Tomo . . . scratch

We need to have a BRCA meeting to get the v12 circuit sorted and that involves members and as a Member of the BRCA I have no e-mail or royal mail post from them so how can there be a solution scratch

I for one would love every one in the 13.5 1s LiPo to run the fusion combo at £85 now that's a mega solution cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:20 am

Depends if your a full brca member. If your not a full member they wont post out stuff too you.
The Brca dont send any emails out during the year.
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:26 am

Yea Nick Been a Full Brca member for years way back in 1980 I think when it first started
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:43 am

Hmm intresting.
Did you get your circuit chatter + rule book through the post then?
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardavespares.com Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:51 am

Gazza wrote:
Tomo wrote:
well people need to hold fire on this one for a month or two as theyre maybe a solution in the pipeline.

how can that be Tomo . . . scratch

We need to have a BRCA meeting to get the v12 circuit sorted and that involves members and as a Member of the BRCA I have no e-mail or royal mail post from them so how can there be a solution scratch

I for one would love every one in the 13.5 1s LiPo to run the fusion combo at £85 now that's a mega solution cheers

Unfortunatly my understanding is the brca are not interested in running a mardave circuit series as it conflicts with 1/12 pan it's a real shame I guess the only chance would be if enough members voted ? Or maybe they could officially supported the circuit series
Mardavespares.com
Mardavespares.com

http://www.mardavespares.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:19 am

yea know what you mean but how can they compare a 1/12th to a Dave lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4