Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP2 Circuitcars chassis

+5
Bretthope
mcjjordan
JimboJames1972
BINDY
Admin
9 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: V12

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GP2 Circuitcars chassis Empty GP2 Circuitcars chassis

Post  Admin Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:06 am

Well guys here is the new GP2 Chassis by rc circuit cars this can be obtained direct from Fiber-lyte as you can see a few of the problems on the CE edition Mardave have been dealt with on the rc circuit cars version.
This chassis allows you to place the servo and battery holder in any postion that suits you the chassis comes in nice matt black GRP. Also the rear of this chassis has no motor cut out for cooling the motor from feed back this just gets all the crap up off the carpet and into the motor.
well the choice is yours

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can buy this chassis direct from fiber-lyte by asking for the GP2 circuit cars chassis

CALL 01642 713129

Had a Call from Fibre Lyte and they will post up a price for all so please stand by it will be today
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

GP2 Circuitcars chassis Empty Re: GP2 Circuitcars chassis

Post  BINDY Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:36 am

LOOKS GOOOOOD WILL BE RINGING UP AND GETTING ONE LIKE THE FEW FINISHING TOUCHES
GOOD SHOW MATE
BINDY
BINDY

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:25 am

The angled rear will be for fitting alloy right angle to this this will direct the airflow under the motor keeping the G2 cool also a aid to brushless staying cool as well as the air has no where to go but under the motor.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:16 am

I really like the option to place batteries and servo where you please - gives more choice for chassis balance and weight distribution.

Angled rear end looks good too - potentially stiffer and less risk of stress concentration in the thght internal corners.

Two qustions though - will these be legal for the current series? Rules state we can use "Mardave V12 / V12CE chassis" - does this mean Mardave parts only, lisenced copies of Mardave parts, home coppies of Mardave parts....?

Second question - where is the hole for the side damper? OK, so not a major issue to drill one and I guess we have the option to place it on either side but just an observation.

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 am

Jimbo good points mate i have left the side damper hole as its your choices as to where or if you fit it and yes this will be a legal chassis for racing as its same compsite as the ce just with the point of giving you a choice as to where you fitt the servo or battery on the ce version you try fitting the new battery holder or a bigger or another servo your holes will be side by side making it a weak point and chance of the servo breaking free. the angles on the rear are to fit right angle alloy to stem the air flow under the motor.
Glad you like it.
With shumackers car out in the next 3 months that will go head to head with the mardave i think this chassis will do great as its the likes of you guys that tinker and mod the cars i just pinned the old lugs back and produced this chassis near to the guide lines of the ce edition
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mcjjordan Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:56 am

£14-30? are you sure that seems a bit cheap......
mcjjordan
mcjjordan

http://www.smrccc.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:03 am

thats the price 14.30 then vat and postage rc circuit cars do not attemp or try to make money thats the moral of the site well thats what the trade price was but i dont think they will be anymore than £25 but please do remember this is top ranking GRP

Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bretthope Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 am

Does the chassis and front plate come as one or do you have to buy seperately ?
Bretthope
Bretthope

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:26 am

Paul you tight git where's mine Shocked

Yes I asked Chris about leaving a few holes blank so you could fit cobra trays and differant Servo's but he said no . .

So the only thing is to make your own and as its a GRP chassis its the same as Mardave's cheers

Ill be ordering mine to moz
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Bretthope wrote:Does the chassis and front plate come as one or do you have to buy seperately ?
you get both top and bottom mate guys if you want one then ring steve at fiber lyte i posted the number up in early post its called the

GP2 circuitcars chassis i know he is cutting some thursday
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Great news that it will be legal for the winter series - mine is already on order direct from FL :-)

One more question though...

When it arrives I would dearly like to run it with a damper tube AND my lovely new alloy motor pod. However, the motor pod does not have the hole drilled in the front to accept the damper tube's ball stud. Drilling and tapping the required hole is a simple enough job but, looking at the rules, it specifically mentions that we are not to modify with the motor pod in any way... Would drilling this hole count as modifying the pod, even if it is to accept a standard Maedave part?

Any thoughts?

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:58 pm

No thats fine James . ..

When we say modifiy like attacking it with a dremel and make it lighter cutting slots to take extra gear mesh etc as long as its the same as a mardave one your fine

Last edited by Gazza on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:09 am

Thanks Gary,

j
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:03 am

Had a Call from Fibre Lyte and they will post up a price for all so please stand by it will be today
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen@fibre-lyte Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:52 am

Hi folks,

sorry about the earlier confusion with the pricing, the company owner and I have looked at it closely and arrived at the prices below.

For the chassis and top brace, 1 off each per kit, in 2mm matt black faced G10 material, the price will be GBP26.35 plus our standard shipping charge of GBP4.00 (so a total for 1 kit of GBP30.35 shipped within the UK). We can offer them separately, at a price of GBP20.65 for the chassis and GBP5.70 for the top brace. The design/drawing was kindly provided by your forum hosts so they should be able to answer any questions about the design.

Stephen

(for those who like to modify their cars, we can offer the G10 material as we do our other materials, cut to size in standard blanks of 13.5" x 6" or similar custom sizes, plus we can change the design of the chassis/top brace if requested and finally, we can offer the parts in carbon fibre. I think that covers it all Smile )

stephen@fibre-lyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:06 am

stephen

I think I can speak for quite a few here and that is . . . affraid
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen@fibre-lyte Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:51 am

It is what it is I'm afraid. As much as we'd like to make them less expensive there is a point where it stops becoming economically viable and therefore no point in making them in the first place. If someone was willing to buy 10 or more sets at a time and then sell them on, we may well be able to do something with the price as we'd only have to set the cnc machine up once instead of 10 times Wink

Stephen

stephen@fibre-lyte

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen@fibre-lyte Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 am

If someone calls us with an order for 10 chassis sets then we'll discuss a price per chassis set.

stephen@fibre-lyte

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen@fibre-lyte Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:08 am

Understood, good luck Smile

stephen@fibre-lyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykelvik Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:45 am

They still sell this right? as i wanted to order the kit
Jaykelvik
Jaykelvik

http://www.westsuffolkmcc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 am

Yes mate you can still get the GP2 chassis from Fiber lyte but at £30.50 its a bit on the steep price so sauceing a more better price but yes do order away mate what i will say the qaulity is brilliant nice workmanship but just sad at the cost!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 am

Thats not a bad price.
You pay for what you get!
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Thats true but you have to compare what you get with the Mardave chassis i was hopeing that it would come in at about £25 making it a just right for the working guy. Dont get me wrong the workmanship is very nice and those who want the new chassis can still get it from fiber lyte at the price of £30.50
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykelvik Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Yes but you get both parts for the £30+ dont you?
Jaykelvik
Jaykelvik

http://www.westsuffolkmcc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Yes, Jamie, you do. If you order from FibreLite you'll get both the main chassis plate AND the front wishbne plate for around £30 (inc P&P).

Mine is ordered, keeping fingers crossed it will be with me tomorrow / Sat. I can't promise to have it ready for Monday's club meeting but I'll do what I can :-)

Actually, I have another few questions about this chassis - the servo position. Now, I know the servo holes are not drilled so we have to do our own. No worries there. From this though I am assuming we are free to mount the servo on either the left or right hand side of the chassis and as far forward / backwards as we need - to give us the chance to balance the chassis? Yes, obviously, forward and backward position will affect track rod angle and ackerman effect so there will be limits as to what actually works, but am I right in thinking we can put the servo 'wherever' we like?

Also, I am assuming that we are free to use whatever make and model of servo we have / want? Ie, the mounting lugs on Futaba / KO / Savox servos are all slightly differently spaced (only 1mm or so, but they are different) so we can drill the holes for our servo posts where we need them? On the same note, are we alowed to use the mini-sized servos as used in the majority of 1/12 circuit cars?

A last question. IF we are alowed to use the mini servos, are we also alowed to cut / drill a hole in the chassis to alow clearance of the servo saver? With these little servos, since they are relatively thin the servo saver hangs 'below' them when you try to mount them flat on the chassis. On 1/12 cars there is a hole cut in the chassis for this reason (it is also something Chris W and I discussed including on the first CE kit). Obviously we can add spacers under the servo posts, or mount the servo higher up on the posts themselves (if I use a thin servo I always mount it as low as possible) but I'm guessing we'll get better results if we are alowed to drill the chassis.

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next