Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP2 Circuitcars chassis

+5
Bretthope
mcjjordan
JimboJames1972
BINDY
Admin
9 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: V12

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

GP2 Circuitcars chassis - Page 3 Empty Re: GP2 Circuitcars chassis

Post  JimboJames1972 Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Paul / Admin,

"G10 is a much durable harder grp google it mate save me a lot of time lol"

I have just had a very happy hour Googling... I've got a load of data on the hardnedd of G10 material (according to the site I found it comes out at 110 on the Rockwell M Scale), but... I have no idea of what the yellow GRP's technical name is, therefore I can't directly compare the data!

A quick re-google gave some porperties of other GRP sheets that were all extremely close to that of G10 - hardness all around 108-12.

I'm assuming that since you are so keen to say that Sample X is three times stronger than Sample Y that you gave already done this googling and have the figures to hand? Why not just tell us and save us the time?

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:09 am

Test 1 Results - Interesting but Disapointing?

I'm part way through my first test of the chassis right now. Don't worry, Gary, I have my phone's predictive text off...

Track is small, tight and mostly technical but with high speed entry into the slowest parts. When track first laid the grip was low. Car was ok in medium speed corners but felt sluggish and under steered in slow corners. Change of springs and tires ( soft, med and hard springs, JAP 42 to 5O fronts) has not helped much. I think the chassis is so soft that suspension changes have little effect.

Grip is higher now and I'm grip rolling in the high speed corners. Almost impossible to compare lap times with CE chassis as I can't do a fully fast one with the new chassis. I'll try changing front track and altering weight balance next, see if that helps

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:05 am

Well I'm at Ardent with James Carvell doing back to back testing James on dave GRP me on GP2 its neck & neckim just playing with tyres now but bloody good fun there is no chassis's droop so all is well
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykelvik Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:08 am

James car last night you could litraly bend the chassis good if your looking for traction i guess
Jaykelvik
Jaykelvik

http://www.westsuffolkmcc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 am

Test 1 (Part 2) - BROKEN!

Had a bit of a bump. Hit a track marker, spun through 180' and hit the side of the track backwards. Not a massive bump but rear post screw has pulled through where the two countersunk holes meet and chassis looks to have de-laminated where the rear pod pivot ball screw has also tried to pull through.

Obviously the bump was all my own fault and I think I can bond things back together with a bit of super glue. I do question the logic of countersinking two holes so close together though?

From your comments, Gary I'm guessing this chassis is more suited to big, Ardent type tracks. Just as a thought I'm thinking it might also go well outside - sweeping tracks, lower grip levels...? Yes I know Mardaves don't officially run outdoors but it is a thought. If I get a dry day I'll give it a punt

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:03 am

Phoned Gazza at Ardent for a report on how is went totally wicked cannot wait for the P2 to hit the circuit
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:13 am

Just like a pan car superglue the edges first sorry I thought this was common knowledge .. .
Will be better when we all meet up at hereford nats . ...
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:17 am

Neck and neck a Gazza that gives me great hope now for the P2 just beaming to get it cut and on the track mate the future looks brights bring on the thursday meet
bendy chassis Jimbo return it to fiber lyte gazzas never drooped or bent!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:56 am

JimboJames1972 wrote:Test 1 (Part 2) - BROKEN!

From your comments, Gary I'm guessing this chassis is more suited to big, Ardent type tracks. Just as a thought I'm thinking it might also go well outside - sweeping tracks, lower grip levels...? Yes I know Mardaves don't officially run outdoors but it is a thought. If I get a dry day I'll give it a punt

J

Say what ?. . . a 12th a GT a TC all work on big & small tracks its a model car it works any where in / out . . big / small on any track scratch

Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3